Saturday 8 April 2017

Single and Happy


There is an old ‘insult’ for the single ladies, which, to me is now redundant. That uneducated and parochial statement that Neanderthals purport through their mediocre thinking that harangues “go and marry”! How redundant is that? In making this point, I will agree to commit the offence of tautology here because that is the only way that some of those guilty of this offense will get it into their thick skulls that some women would rather remain single than end up settling with or compromising with a man who has nothing in common with them.

This patriarchal rhetoric that suggests that any lady of a certain age who is not married is a loser is so redundant, honestly! Who gets offended over these? I mean, which educated, enlightened, intelligent, successful woman gives this type of insult any thought? In fact, smart women find this insult laughable!  You normally find these insults when low lives – men and women, who cannot hold an intelligent argument resort to name calling, shaming those that they want or think that they could bring down. God help the lady in the firing line that she is loud, outspoken, bold, confident, rich and happy. The insults that these nonentities would heap on her would be so shameful that you begin to wonder what type of boys and men women are bringing up these days.  How can someone in their own small world really believe that all single women are empty without a man?

How many times would intelligent women say to all of those who use this as an insult that it is not an insult and we cannot be shamed?

How can a woman who is happy in her own life, her own decisions, feel shame? Even if she is unhappy, the story of her life is none of anyone’s business. I will not even touch the stories of married women in miserable marriages to prove my point. You know those marriages that you can’t be yourself, express yourself, go where you want to go to without having multiple heart attacks about what the man would say or do, where the man is a proper aggressive egoistical animal that physically attacks you just to show that he is the man. Mba nu! No way! The choice of being single remains with the single and until she finds the right man for her, she will not settle!

Another stupid thing some idiotic people think is an insult is to call a woman an ‘Ashawo’ or a prostitute’. I mean how stupid is that? Is it your Ashawo? Since you are not God and not in any way holy, let God be the judge! I just can’t deal or handle being on the defensive about my lifestyle. Whatever I chose to do is my business. If it hurts you, change the channel.

As for being vocal, loud, self-confident and assertive, that will never stop.  I will continue to live this life on my own terms, I will express myself however I want to and be only answerable to me and God. I shall NEVER be stifled! Bring on all my sins and wrong doings to the world to judge, shame and mock me, I shall NEVER be bullied, stifled or intimidated!

And for those ageists out there especially those women who abuse other women of being old. Well done! You will not get old, right? Except you die in the age that you are right now, every day, you age. Your own old age is coming too. If you like, don’t get it into your thick skull that aging is a blessing. A wonderful thing. How many of your agemates are alive and celebrated their birthdays? How many are of good health?
To summarise, please mind your own life, your holy life and leave the single, the ‘old women’ and the ashawo’s alone! Let God be the judge! Have a lovely day!
This write-up was submitted by LS. Please do feel free to submit your articles for publishing.

1 comment: